Michael Moore, CMT 39911
Michael is an Active Release Techniques & Kinesiotape provider, Licensed Massage Therapist in California, California Massage Therapy Council (CAMTC), and in Massachusetts, and owner of Moore Sports Recovery located in Shell Beach, CA.
He is widely regarded as one of Boston’s most talented massage therapists, recognized through out New England as the Best of the Best for many years, awarded by all major publications in Boston such as: Boston Magazine, Improper Bostonian, and Stuff Magazine. Michael utilizes principles of a variety of proven bodywork disciplines such as Active Release Techniques, Muscle Energy Technique, Neuromuscular Therapy, Active Isolated Stretching, and has integrated them into a style all his own; what his clientele fondly refers to as “Bloodless Surgery!”
Receive his work, you will get understand why he has been awarded the best massage therapist throughout the years from Boston.
Notable Mentions & Awards
- Lululemon Abassador – 1st Massage Therapist Ambassador 2016
- Preferred provider for the Boston Ballet
- Best of Boston 2010 – Runner up
- Best of Boston 2009 as awarded by Boston Magazine
- “Best Damn Massage 2009” – Stuff Magazine
- “Boston’s Best Massage 2009” – Improper Bostonian
- Best of Edge.com 2008
- Best of Boston 2008 “Sports Massage Therapist”
- Best of Daily Candy 2007
- Best of Boston 2007
- Michael was first introduced to Bodywork at the age of 12 when he was in a horrific motorcycle accident leaving him unable to walk for a better part of a year. As he served in the United States Air Force, Michael, had a chance encounter with a Vietnam Veteran, Triathlete turned massage therapist that inspired him to pursue this healing profession.
- Michael studied at the internationally-renowned Boulder College of Massage Therapy (BCMT) Boulder, Colorado, with exceptionally teachers such as Elaine Calendar, Clint Chandler and Ken Morgareidge. BCMT is the leading College in Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork in the United States.
- Upon graduation from BCMT, Michael taught Orthopedic Massage with NCTMB board member, Elaine Calenda at BCMT.
- Michael gained world class clinical experience at, SOMA Physical Therapy, working with Myofascial Release Master Dr. Mark F. Barnes.
- In Vail, CO he worked with the US Ski Team & other world class athletes that train in the rockies, at the Vail Athletic Club.
- In 1998 Michael moved home to the East Coast, where he briefly worked for award winning spa, Candela, before founding Moore Massage in Boston’s Back Bay.
- Michael has had the privilege of working with thousands of people from pro to semi pro athletes, local celebrities, tv personalities, politicians, and many wonderful moms, dads, their families and all the hard working blue collared workers that make Boston the best place to work and live.
- 2013 Michael moved to beautiful Central Coast, California bringing his pursuit of excellence in therapeutic massage & bodywork!